Harvard Fellowship-Trained Dermatologic Surgeon
Advanced Lipedema Treatment Team
Dr. Aria Vazirnia, MD, MAS, FAAD, a Harvard-trained, double board-certified dermatologic surgeon, is warmly regarded by his Lipedema patients as "Dr. Aria." Building on his esteemed Harvard fellowship, Dr. Aria has established himself as a leading Lipedema Surgeon with the Advanced Lipedema Treatment (ALT) Program at The Roxbury Institute, treating patients in Beverly Hills, CA, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dr. Aria graduated summa cum laude from UCLA before attending UC San Diego School of Medicine, where he completed his medical degree, residency training, and a master's degree in clinical research. Throughout his residency, Dr. Aria authored numerous medical journal articles and textbook chapters, and held board positions with the California Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery and the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
Continuing his professional development, Dr. Aria completed an intensive Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston. Under the guidance of world-renowned experts, Dr. Aria honed his skills in the safe and effective use of cutting-edge technologies.
During and following his Harvard fellowship, Dr. Aria cultivated a deep interest in tumescent liposuction, a safer and more effective liposuction technique devised by dermatologic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Klein. Dr. Aria completed an additional fellowship in Advanced Tumescent Liposuction and Liposculpture at the Roxbury Institute in Beverly Hills under the mentorship of Dr. David Amron. Here, he mastered the ALT method, Dr. Amron's innovative three-dimensional circumferential approach to lymphatic sparing liposuction for Lipedema treatment.
Dr. Aria's dedication to Lipedema treatment and management is deeply rooted in his personal connection to the disease, as he witnessed his grandmother's struggle with this debilitating condition. Outside of his practice, Dr. Aria delights in playing piano and guitar, engaging in tennis, and spending quality time with loved ones.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 2023 World Lipedema Congress; Berlin, Germany: The role of GLP-1 receptor agonists in the conservative management of lipedema.
- 2023 Masters of Aesthetics Conference; San Diego, CA: Tumescent Liposuction with Subdermal Skin Tightening for the Upper Arms.
- 2023 AAD Annual Meeting; New Orleans, LA: Lipedema & energy-based devices in fat disorders.
- 2022 Masters of Aesthetics Conference; San Diego, CA: Lipedema Liposculpture.
- 2022 ASLMS Annual Conference; San Diego, CA: Laser Endpoints & Complications.
- 2022 ASLMS Annual Conference; San Diego, CA: Early Career Clinical Pearls.